Top 12 Things You Can Do to Meet People at UCE
The Board members of UCE are delighted to welcome so many new members to our congregation over the last year or two. From our own experience, we know that it can be difficult to figure out how to meet a wider circle of people and fit into such a large congregation. The New Member team works hard to help new folks, but we thought we’d also do our part by sharing this:
1) Sign up to volunteer at a Soup Kitchen (email Marilyn Wroblewski at [email protected]). These happen Spring, Summer, & Fall.
2) Volunteer to work at the Rummage Sale. Lots of love goes into putting this together and it’s a huge effort and a big boost for the UCE budget.
Email Maggie Wilson at [email protected]. Even 1 shift of a few hours helps them out!
3) Share a meal with folks from the Rainbow Alliance, Saturday, April 8 at the Celtic Knot, 12:00 pm (Please rsvp to Jeanne Kerl at [email protected])
4) Stick around for coffee & bagels and sit by someone new.
5) Go to a Principles & Sources discussion on April 2nd between the two services, 10:15 to 11:00am
6) Go to a movie or book discussion that is advertised in the newsletter
7) Check out the Social Action calendar for an event that interests you.
8) Volunteer to help teach Sunday School next year. Curriculum and teacher training is provided. Email Reverend Connie at [email protected].
9) Join a Covenant group, check them out at the information tables on Covenant Sunday, April 2nd or talk with Eileen Wiviott.
10) Go to a Crackerbarrel discussion.
11) Check out a Spiritual Journeys class–there is one this Sunday, March 26th, 10:15 to 11:00am in Room 12.
12) And poke around on the UCE website to learn about upcoming events, volunteer opportunities and more.
Obviously, each person at UCE would put together their own unique top 12, but we wanted to share a few of our ideas with you. In our experience, you just have to try things out to see what fits for you.
And, please, seek us out and introduce yourselves to us. We’d love to meet you
—from the Board, Barbara Ghoshal, Ann Gadzikowski, Gary Zacny, Heike Eghardt, Janelle Brittain, Kerry Heckman, Tom Ticknor, Susan Comstock, and Jeanne Kerl.